Brad Pitt attacked by prankster at premiere of Maleficent
Actor Brad Pitt was struck in the face while signing autographs at a movie premiere on Wednesday (May 28), Los Angeles police said.
Pitt was at the Hollywood premiere of Maleficent, starring his partner Angelina Jolie, when a man hopped over a barrier and attacked the actor, Sgt Leonard Calderon confirmed.
According to TMZ, the overeager fan and infamous prankster, Vitalii Sediuk, was subsequently detained by the Los Angeles police and faces a misdemeanor battery charge.
Pitt, 50, was later seen laughing over the incident as he and Jolie continued walking the blue carpet as he made their way into the theatre.
The Ukrainian prankster has an impertinent history of confronting celebrities at red carpet events and causing a nuisance to Hollywood stars.
Here are some of his past mischievous pranks:
1. In 2012, he attempted to kiss actor Will Smith and was slapped by the actor.
2. At the 2013 Grammy Awards, Sediuk charged the stage before singer Adele could accept her award.
3. Sediuk also hugged actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Bradley Cooper around the knees at separate events earlier this year.
4. Earlier this month, he showed up at the Met Gala in New York City and shashayed his way through the crowd in a pink string bikini reminiscent of Borat’s green one.
5. Just last week, he put his head up America Ferrara's dress at the Cannes premiere of How to Train Your Dragon 2.