WATCH: World's smallest girl cast in season four of American Horror Story
Jyoti Amge from India is famously known as the smallest girl in the world, but now she's going to be famous for other reasons.
She's been cast in American Horror Story: Freak Show, the fourth season of the hit TV series.
Her castmates include some other very interesting people, like Rose Siggins, a legless mother of two, Erika Ervin a transgender who is the tallest model in the world, and Mat Fraser, a rock musician who was born with an extremely rare malformation of both his arms called phocomelia.
If you didn't already know about Jyoti, here are five facts you need to know about this rising star:
- She stands at 63 centimeters and she's 21 this year. She was born with a condition called Achondroplasia, which is a common cause of dwarfism.
- When Jyoti's mother was pregnant with her, the doctors could not detect her through scans as she was too small. They predicted that she would live for only 10 minutes when she was finally born at 1.36 kg.
- Game Of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is more than twice her height. So even amongst dwarfs, Jyoti is really small.
- Because she's lacking hormones and does not have enough calcium, Jyoti cannot heal from injuries quickly. She once fractured both her legs from a fall, and the injury took quite a while to heal.
- Ryan Murphy, co-creator of American Horror Story, called her the "the biggest diva in the world" in a positive way. He absolutely loved her positive character and her impressive acting. He also had to wait six months for her visa to clear just so he could bring her to the American Horror Story set to shoot.
We're definitely looking forward to another great season of American Horror Story - are you?
American Horror Story: Freak Show premieres here on FX HD (StarHub TV Ch 507 / SingTel mio TV Ch 310) on Sunday, Oct 26, 10pm.
Sources: Aplus, E! Online, CBS News, Washington Post