13 milestones of the Kimye relationship
From being friends pre-2011 to getting engaged in October 2013, we travel back in time to revisit how their relationship blossomed
It's almost time! Kim Kardashian is gearing up to walk down the aisle to marry US rapper Kanye West on Saturday, May 24, at the Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy, and workers are getting down to business preparing for the big day.
Now that the high profile couple are T-1 day away to tying the knot in Italy, let's take a look at their journey to the altar.
1. Pre-2011: Kim and Kanye have been friends for a long time; Kanye even offered fashion advice to Kim and her sisters when they opened their DASH boutique in New York City.
While Kim denies the two were anything more than buds before 2012, Kanye’s ex Amber Rose has a different story. Rose says Kanye and Kim were romantically involved back in 2010, while Kim was dating NFL star Reggie Bush.
2. December 2011: Kanye and Kim reportedly go to a Jay-Z concert together, where Kanye was said to be “eating Kim up like she was a piece of cake.”
3. March 2012: Spotted. Kimye in Paris together. Nearly a year after the fact, Kim posts pictures on her Instagram feed of the two of them riding go-carts together like typical young lovers... you know, if typical young lovers got to ride go-carts on the runway at Paris Fashion Week.
4. April 2012: Kanye debuts a song where he says he "fell in love with Kim" Paparazzi see Kim sneaking out of Kanye's New York City apartment not once, but twice! The couple are also spotted together going to watch The Hunger Games.
5. June 2012: Kim calls herself Kanye's "proud girlfriend" on Twitter. Plus, who buys a US$750,000 luxury car for someone they’re just casually hanging out with? Shortly after Kim's big purchase for her new man, other reports surface that Kanye wants to make babies with Kim.
6. July 2012: It's been more than 72 days by this time. So, they've outlasted her previous marriage and that certainly calls for a celebration. How do they celebrate? Well, Kanye makes his first appearance on a Kardashian reality show. With that, West has officially been initiated into the family.
7. October 2012: The couple takes the next big step and splashes cash on a Miami mansion together and have their first PDA (public display of affection) while vacationing in Rome. Then they reach one of the most important milestones in any Kardashian relationship: Coordinated Halloween costumes.
8. November 2012: Now it’s really serious! Kim wears a ring with Kanye's intials on it. She may not be able to marry him on paper, but that ring sure says it all. West reportedly joins the Kardashian-Jenner family for Thanksgiving. Here's something even bigger, Kanye took Kim with him to visit his late mother's grave.
9. December 2012: Kanye joins Kim's family for Christmas, where the couple probably shared their exciting news before the world announcement on New Year’s Eve that Kim's having his baby.
10. April 2013: The reality starlet has much to celebrate after her divorce from husband Kris Humphries finally came through! And to prove that he is still very much in love with his girlfriend, Kanye reportedly spends $100,000 on private jets just to make it back in time for Kim’s doctor visits and checkups.
11. June 2013: Kim has a lavish baby shower for her baby girl in Beverly Hills and a few days later gives birth to her daughter several weeks ahead of her due date. It wasn't long after that news surfaced about Kim and Kanye naming their baby North West.
12. August 2013: By August, the media becomes ruthless in its pursuits to obtain the first photo of baby North. Kim, Kanye, and North are spotted together when they pay respects to Kanye’s grandfather, Portwood L. Williams, who passed away. Kanye then debuts the first photo of North West on Kris Jenner’s talk show, Kris.
13. October 2013: Kimye are officially engaged! And of course, Kanye shows off his great taste in jewelry by picking out a 15-carat diamond engagement ring for his starlet fiancée.