9 lessons The Notebook taught us about love
The 2004 American romantic drama has taught people around the world many lessons about love. But here are 9 we think are essential:
1. Safe option for a first date - head to the movies.
It's quite dark in the theatre so you don't have to be too paranoid about how you look.
2. Physical attraction is absolutely vital. If there's none, don't even bother.
3. Spontaneity is key. It makes dates memorable.
4. The smallest gestures go a very long way.
5. Relish and enjoy every opportunity you get to make a new memory.
6. No matter the problem, ALWAYS defend your relationship.
7. Spend time with friends who will support, encourage and understand how you feel about each other.
8. Compromise is important but never change who you really are. Always stay true to yourself.
9. Never forget that love can be one of the most incredible things you share with someone. Never take it for granted because it has the potential to change your entire lifetime.