News

10-month-old baby dies after swallowing screw

A 10-month-old baby died after he swallowed a screw, reported Berita Harian and Utusan Malaysia.

Muhamad Hanif Khairi Abdul Nasser was unconscious for six days before dying at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar.

He was with his mother when the incident occurred in their home.

“I didn’t realise that he had opened a drawer, taken the screw and put it in his mouth,” said the mother Morshida Abdullah, 39.

The 3cm-long screw got lodged in his throat.

It was removed at the hospital but Muhamad Hanif was already in a coma by then, according to the reports.

Source: Berita Harian, Utusan Malaysia, The Star

malaysiababyUncategorised