18 SITES FOR PUBLIC TO PAY LAST RESPECTS
Eighteen community sites will be set up across Singapore for the public to pay their last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.
- The first four community sites - in Tanjong Pagar Group Representation Constituency (GRC), Ang Mo Kio GRC, East Coast GRC and Chua Chu Kang GRC - will be ready from 10am today.
- These are located at Tanjong Pagar CC, Ang Mo Kio Central Stage @ Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, open space in front of Block 209, New Upper Changi Road @ Bedok Town Centre and the hardcourt opposite Block 302, Choa Chu Kang Loop.
- Another 14 community sites will be set up for the public to pay their last respects from 10am tomorrow.
- All community sites will operate daily from 10am to 8pm, until Sunday (till the end of the State Funeral).
- Residents may visit the sites for a live telecast of the State Funeral on Sunday.
TRIBUTES AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES
Members of the public can also pay tribute and pen their memories of Mr Lee Kuan Yew at 25 public libraries.
A memory collection booth will be set up at each of these libraries from March 25 to April 22.
A selection of books on and by the late Mr Lee will also be on display.
The libraries will be open from 10am to 9pm except for those located in the shopping malls, which will be open from 11am to 9pm.
The Lee Kong Chian Reference Library will also showcase a special book gallery featuring a curated collection of books, publications and a multimedia display of archival photos, newspaper articles, recordings and transcripts of Mr Lee's speeches.