ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Stephen Wiltshire was born in London in 1974.
- He was diagnosed with autism at age three. He was speech-impaired and communicated through drawing.
- He won many children's drawing competitions and sold his first work when he was just seven.
- His career took off after he was featured in a BBC documentary in 1987.
- He was awarded an Order of the British Empire in 2006, and an Honorary Life Fellowship from the Society of Architectural Illustration in 2011.
- Although he also does oil paintings, he is famous for his detailed pen sketches of cityscapes drawn from memory.
- He has sketched cities around the world, including Sydney, Venice, Hong Kong, and his favourite, New York .
- Stephen's gallery's website is at www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk