News

Boy, 7, chokes to death after eating banana fritters

A seven-year-old boy in Taman Austin Perdana, Johor Baru choked to death on a banana fritter on Sunday (March 8).

His mother, Madam Ong Kai Yun, had dropped off the boy called Shao Ming at a day care centre at 7.30am before heading to work, The Star Online reported.

About 30 minutes later, she received a call saying the boy had fainted after vomiting.

He was rushed to the nearby Sultan Ismail Hospital, where staff pronounced him dead on arrival.

The cause of her son's death shocked Madam Ong: He had choked on a piece of banana fritter.

She told The Star: 

“Even the doctors were shocked as to why the teacher (at the day care) did not alert them of the food as they could have saved my son if they had known the reason."

Madam Ong said that her son has been going to the day care centre since December 2014.

A police report has been lodged and the case has been classified as sudden death pending further development.

Source: The Star Online  

banana fritterDeathUncategorisedmalaysia