News

Cambodia nightclub fire kills five

Five people, including a foreign holiday maker, died in a fire at a Siem Reap nightclub on Tuesday, Cambodian police said.

The blaze broke out at the Hip Hop nightclub around 2am (1900 GMT) due to an electrical fault, provincial police chief Sort Nady told AFP.

“Five people, including an unidentified foreign tourist, died from suffocation by smoke,” he said.

Two others were also injured.

Police have launched an investigation into the accident but no one has been arrested yet, he added.

Siem Reap province, home to Cambodia’s famed Angkor temple complex, is the most popular tourist destination in the country. - AFP

 

CambodiafireNightlife