Choa Chu Kang by the numbers
6 Number of dengue clusters
86 Number of breeding habitats uncovered, in places such as pails, flower pots, trays and ornamental containers
316 Number of cases in the most concentrated cluster
195 Number of Choa Chu Kang residents in the vicinity out of the 316 cases. The rest are workers from Keat Hong Sunshine Gardens and Keat Hong Pride construction sites
394 Total number of cases reported
WHAT'S DONE TO COMBAT DENGUE
- Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, together with 40 volunteers, visited the affected blocks in Choa Chu Kang on Tuesday.
- Member of Parliament for Choa Chu Kang GRC Zaqy Mohamad and 120 volunteers conducted house-to-house visits on Sunday. Repellents and granular insecticides were distributed to residents during these visits.
- The National Environment Agency (NEA) also conducted three rounds of checks at seven construction sites in the area and has issued a Stop Work Order to the contractors of Keat Hong Sunshine Gardens, Keat Hong Pride and Keat Hong Mirage construction sites.
- NEA, together with other Government agencies from the Inter-Agency Dengue Task Force and all Town Councils are continuing to inspect public areas and housing estates for potential breeding grounds, and are sending officers to conduct daily checks for breeding habitats in high-risk areas.
- According to the latest dengue data taken from the NEA website (www.dengue.gov.sg), 673 cases of dengue were reported islandwide between June 22 and 28 this year, followed by 891 the following week and 822 the week after. For the period between July 13 and 16 alone, 359 cases have been reported.