News

He could've 'bitten his tongue by accident'

Mr Lau Thiam Huat could have bitten his tongue by accident, and mistaken the tingling to have originated from the food, said Dr Jarrod Lee, a gastroenterologist at Jarrod Lee Gastroenterology & Liver Clinic.

"Most of the time, the effect (of the spicy food) is over once it is washed down with water," he explained.

Dr Lee added that Mr Lau could also have a tongue infection or a growth on his tongue, and advised him to go for a thorough check-up.