How to not fall prey
- Always log in to your PayPal account to verify payment status before sending merchandise.
- Always open a new browser and navigate to the PayPal website.
- Check that the e-mails that claim to be from PayPal are sent by authentic e-mail addresses.
- Never provide your personal details such as bank account or credit card numbers via e-mail. If PayPal requires your personal details, you will be asked to log in.
- Read reviews of buyers online to know who you are dealing with.
They are generally women between 19 and 33 years old.