Mr Lee Kuan Yew's funeral begins at 1230pm on Sunday
Mr Lee Kuan Yew's body will lie in state at Parliament House for members of the public to pay their respects until 8pm on Saturday (March 28).
On Sunday (March 29), there will be a state funeral procession from Parliament House to the University Cultural Centre (UCC) at National University of Singapore, where his funeral service will be held.
The procession will start at 12.30pm and will be telecast live on national television and online at www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg.
It will cover a distance of 15.4km and pass significant landmarks such as Old Parliament House, City Hall, the Padang, NTUC Centre and Singapore Conference Hall. It will also pass through certain heartland areas.
People can line the route from Parliament House to the UCC, said the State Funeral Organising Committee in a statement on Thursday.
The funeral service, which will be held from 2pm to 5.15pm, will be attended by Mr Lee's family, President Tony Tan Keng Yam, cabinet ministers, the Judiciary, Members of Parliament, and foreign leaders.
Former US president Bill Clinton will be leading a high-level White House delegation to attend the funeral.
Ten eulogies will be delivered, in the following order:
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
- President Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam
- Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong
- Former cabinet minister Ong Pang Boon
- Former cabinet minister S. Dhanabalan
- Former senior minister of state Sidek Saniff
- Trade unionist G. Muthukumarasamy
- Tanjong Pagar community leader Leong Chun Loong
- Former journalist Cassandra Chew
- Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s second son Lee Hsien Yang
After the funeral service, Mr Lee's body will be taken to Mandai Crematorium. The cremation service will be private.
Source: The Straits Times