News

N Korea lodges complaint about Seth Rogen and James Franco with UN

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un isn't too happy with Seth Rogen. 

And he has even registered his dismay with the United Nations. North Korea lodged a formal protest at the UN against the new Seth Rogen comedy, The Interview.

No, it's not because the film, which also stars James Franco, is bad.

The movie, which is slated to be released in the United States on October 14, is about two tabloid television journalists who land an interview with North Korean leader Kim in Pyongyang and are then tasked by the CIA with killing him.

 

 

In a letter addressed to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, North Korea's UN envoy Ja Song-Nam says allowing the film to be made and seen constitutes "the most undisguised sponsoring of terrorism as well as a war action.

"The US authorities should take immediate and appropriate action to ban the production and distribution of the film, otherwise it will be fully responsible for encouraging and sponsoring terrorism," continues the letter.

North Korea asked that the letter be circulated as an official document to members of the UN General Assembly and Security Council for their consideration.

Threatened 'merciless response'

Late last month, the state denounced the film as a "wanton act of terror" and warned of a "merciless response" unless it were pulled from distribution.

In a statement carried by North Korea's official KCNA news agency, a foreign ministry spokesman said the film was the work of "gangster moviemakers" and should never be shown.

Rogen wasn't threatened and simply tweeted:

 

Source: AFP

Uncategorisedjames francoKim Jong UnNorth Korea