OTHER CHANGES TO COME
- Education and career guidance officers to be stationed in about 50 secondary schools, junior colleges, polytechnics and Institutes of Technical Education (ITE) in a pilot scheme from next year.
- Longer internships for polytechnic and ITE students in sectors such as built environment; early childhood education; hotel operations and management; and marine and offshore engineering.
- 100 more Higher Nitec places, primarily in engineering and info-communication courses, from next year.
- Polytechnic and ITE colleges to partner and coordinate for their students working with the industry: Singapore Polytechnic for food technology, Ngee Ann Polytechnic for marine and offshore engineering and Republic Polytechnic for logistics.
- Support vocation-based deployments during National Service to help poly and ITE graduates maintain their skills.