Nearly 100 students were struck with suspected food poisoning after returning from a school trip to Bintan. The Christ Church Secondary School students suffered symptoms such as diarrhoea, vomiting and fever following the excursion.
Separately, 85 Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' Primary School pupils were hit by gastroenteritis, or stomach virus. The girls were believed to have eaten food that was prepared at the neighbouring canteen and taken to the school.
At least 235 children and 12 teachers from eight preschool centres were affected by food poisoning.
Officers from NEA and MOH conducted inspections on the caterer, who had provided food to all the affected preschools. Other than a dirty refrigerator door lining, no other hygiene lapses were found.
The company's licence was suspended in addition to a $300 fine and four demerit points.
Up to 106 students experienced vomiting and diarrhoea after eating at the Singapore Sports School's dining hall.
A probe by the authorities found that cordial drinks and chicken frank rolls may have been the cause. The company that provided the food offered medical compensation.
Seventeen Ai Tong School pupils were taken to the KK Women's and Children's Hospital because of suspected food poisoning. The Primary 6 pupils had experienced severe stomachaches after eating potato chips, cheese balls and prawn crackers that were bought from a supermarket.