SAFE CYCLING TIPS
- Always keep to the left-hand edge of the road.
- Always obey traffic light signals. Be prepared to stop when approaching traffic light junctions when the traffic light turns amber.
- Cyclists must stop when the traffic light turns red.
- Always dismount and ensure that it is safe before crossing at traffic light junctions.
Cyclists should practise the kerb drill - look right, look left, look right again.
- Be considerate to pedestrians.
- Give pedestrians advance warning as you approach them by ringing your bell.
- Give sufficient hand signals to inform other road users of your intention to stop, slow down or when making a left or right turn.
- Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
- Do not cycle along footpaths and on the expressways.
- Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
- Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.
SOURCE: SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE