Woman suffers smoke inhalation in fire
"Our house is on fire, come home." That was all Mr Karma Rozani, 40, heard before his wife hung up the phone yesterday.
Mr Karma, who was on the job as a delivery driver, rushed back to his fourth-storey flat in Block 603 at Clementi West Street 1.
"I was so scared and worried," said Mr Karma.
He later learnt that his wife, Madam Norisla Ammran, 27, had been taken to the National University Hospital for smoke inhalation. Their four-year-old sonwas unhurt and safe with his friend.
Madam Norisla, who works as a facilities officer, said she grabbed her son and rushed out when she saw the fire. Neighbours helped them escape.
The New Paper was alerted to the fire by a caller.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted at 7.50am. Madam Norisla, the only casualty, was discharged in the afternoon.
The SCDF said a bedroom had caught fire.