Fire blackens Pasir Ris room
Madam Hasnah Sidin, 63, had just finished her evening prayers when she heard shouts from her neighbours.
Together with her neighbours, Madam Hasnah and her daughter rushed downstairs from the fourth storey.
When she rushed out of her flat to see what was happening, Madam Hasnah saw "fire that was like lightning".
Said the retiree: "The children kept crying and they asked us to call for the ambulance."
Her daughter alerted the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
SCDF was alerted to the fire on the fourth storey of Block 750, Pasir Ris Street 71 at around 6.30pm yesterday.
Flat owner Andy Nini, 44, was at work when the blaze happened. The aircraft painterhad a call from his sister at about 7pm telling him that his flat was on fire.
His son, two daughters and their maid managed to escape their five-room flat.
Mr Nini thinks the fire was caused by the electrical bike battery that was charging. The fire is under investigation.