Tips for beginners
- Know the available products and structure of the investment environment. Mr Young Cheng Ai recommends attending The Basics of Investing seminar conducted by SGX Academy, which he feels is the most effective way to get started.
- Find a brokerage firm that is suitable for you and an experienced remisier who is willing to share investment techniques and strategies.
- Learn about investment techniques such as how to determine the value of a company and invest virtually (using virtual money) to test whether the techniques are applicable. Then refine them.
- Stay up to date on current affairs so that you can adjust your investments accordingly.
- Join an investment club to exchange knowledge with others or find a mentor to guide you.