What can Tycoon's wife buy with S$5.6 billion divorce settlement?
In what could be the biggest divorce settlement in history, Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev was ordered to pay US$4.5 billion (S$5.6 billion) to his estranged wife on Monday.
After a six-year divorce battle, Elena Rybolobleba, also won custody of the couple's 13-year-old daughter. But the tycoon is expected to appeal the ruling, according to his lawyer
In the meantime, these are some ways that Rybolovleva can spend her new-found fortune (yes, we did the maths).
1. 7 private islands ($600,000)
2. 15 Airbus 380s ($300 million)
3. 300,000 Hermes Birkin bags ($15,000)
4. 4,500 George Condo-painted Hermes Birkin bags, just like the one that Kim Kardashian got for Christmas (like we need more of those around) (Estimated cost: $1 million)
5. 42,593 pieces of pretentiously named art, specifically the 'Beautiful Intergalactic Fantasmagoria in a Rainbow Big Bang Explosion, Let's Have More Intercourse 2012' by Damien Hirst ($105,650)
6. 1 Manchester United Football Club ($2 billion)
7. 1,000 Lamborghini Veneno Roadster (there are only nine of these in the world) ($4.5 billion)
8. 18,000 trips to space on Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic ($250,000)
9. Acquiring 1 Snapchat ($3 billion)
10. 175,000 glasses of Asia's most expensive cocktail, Jewel of Pangaea ($26,000)
11. 44,000 white truffles and gold pizza from Margo's in Malta ($2,420)
Sources: Reuters, Business Insider, The Guardian