WAKE AND FUNERAL PROCEEDINGS
The Prime Minister has declared a period of national mourning until Sunday.
- The second day of a private family wake will be held today at Sri Temasek.
- Mr Lee Kuan Yew's body will lie in state at Parliament House from tomorrow to Saturday for the public to pay their last respects. They can do so from 10am to 8pm during this time.
- A gun carriage will carry Mr Lee's coffin from the Istana to Parliament House tomorrow.
- Orchard Road (between Buyong Road and Selegie Road), Bras Basah Road (between Selegie Road and North Bridge Road) and North Bridge Road (between Bras Basah Road and North Boat Quay) will be closed from 8.45am to 9.30am tomorrow.
For full details of all traffic arrangements for the wake and funeral, visit www.tnp.sg/news/road-closures-mr-lee-kuan-yews-state-funeral
- There will be a special sitting of Parliament to pay tribute to Mr Lee on Thursday at 4pm.
- On Sunday, a state funeral service for Mr Lee will be held at 2pm at the University Cultural Centre, National University of Singapore.
- The service will be followed by a private cremation at Mandai Crematorium.
- Condolence books and cards will be available in front of the Istana main gate from today to Sunday for those who wish to pen their tributes to the late Mr Lee. Condolence books will also be opened at all overseas missions.
- The public can express their condolences and share their memories of the late Mr Lee at the official website at www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg
- The public can call the 24-hour hotline at 6336-1166 with queries, or visit www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg and www.facebook.com/rememberingleekuanyew for more details.