News

WATCH: Another foreigner found dead in Penang, with throat slit

The foreigners died a gruesome death in Penang.

And it seems the spate of killings is still happening, barely a week after a house believed to be the scene of murders involving Myanmar nationals was discovered.

The Star newspaper reported that another foreigner has been found dead with his throat slit in Relau.

A schoolteacher walking to the carpark stumbled across the body in front of a shrine at about 10am yesterday (Dec 8). She alerted the police.

The dead man had slash and stab wounds on his ear, hand, abdomen and back.

Attackers on wanted list

Penang CID Chief Senior Asst Comm Mazlan Kesah said investigations showed that the man, in his 30s, had struggled against his assailants.

He said:

“The deceased is a foreigner but we can’t determine his nationality at the moment as no identification documents were found on him.
“We believe that there were more than two assailants involved. However, they are known to us as we have them on our wanted list.”

The murder was believed to have taken place between 2am and 5am yesterday.

Although the case is being investigated as murder, police had not ruled out the possibility of a robbery as there were signs of the man’s pockets being searched.

House of horrors?

Last week, police raided a single-storey house in Machang Bubok, where previous murders involving Myanmar nationals had reportedly taken place.

Police recovered three long parangs, believed to be weapons used by the suspects, from the house.

Seventeen suspects, including the mastermind were arrested in the past two weeks.

They were aged between 20 and 40 years.

Following the arrests, police believed that they had solved eight out of the 18 murder cases involving Myanmar nationals in the state this year.

The murders came to light following the discovery of various human body parts on the mainland and the island.

Sources: Star Online/ YouTube

penangforeignerUncategorised