What's to come... One future
1 STRONGER SUPPORT FOR ALL
- To reduce focus on the cash-over-valuation in resale flat sale negotiations, HDB has overhauled the system on how flats are bought and sold.
- In March, an online guide to educate the public about investing in overseas properties was launched.
- More housing support for the elderly, vulnerable and extended families.
- Study on reverse mortgage and Lease Buyback for bigger flats to help elderly monetise.
2 IMPROVING THE TOWNS
- 1,500 Build-to-Order flats, including 50 3Gen flats catering to multi-generation families who stay under the same roof, will be launched in Tampines North.
- Three more towns to be rejuvenated under HDB's Remaking Our Heartland programme, which aims to spruce up mature estates.
- 200 more multi-storey carparks to install lifts this year and another 200 more next year.
- 35,000 households to benefit from home upgrading yearly - up from 28,000.
3 GREEN CITY
- More options for food and recreation in Marina Bay in the pipeline.
- Ideas on sensitively enhancing Pulau Ubin's natural environment, heritage and charm.
- More public outreach initiatives to reduce food wastage.