World

MH17 investigation to continue: Najib

On the second anniversary of Flight MH17's downing, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak assured the victims' families that the government will continue its efforts to obtain a clear explanation on the tragedy.

"The Malaysian government continues all efforts to find a full and satisfactory explanation of the events that led to this tragedy," he said on his Twitter account yesterday.

Mr Najib said that the tragedy two years ago was a criminal act that outraged the world and caused the loss of all 298 lives on board, reported The Star.

The Dutch Safety Board concluded last year in its final report that Flight MH17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine by a Russian-made Buk missile.

The Boeing 777-200ER airliner was shot down en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014, over a conflict zone in eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board.

malaysiacrimepolice