She wanted to 'get back' at me

Man accused of raping and robbing woman claims:

Premium content not available

About the case

Premium content not available

Defence lawyers: Woman's evidence is unreliable

Premium content not available

Tell HDB how to remake 3 more towns

Premium content not available

Decline of the nuclear families

Premium content not available

S'porean dies in Bali after falling into sea from 2m-high rock

Mr Mohamed Aslam Shahul (above).
TRAGIC: A photo taken at Changi Airport just before his flight to Bali.
Premium content not available

2 Japanese melons auctioned for more than $16k

Premium content not available

SG50 goodies for seniors

50-cent buffet and more

Premium content not available

Mum: My toddler got burned saving his baby brother

Toddler gets third-degree burns saving baby brother from burning mattress. Mum says...

CHARRED: The fire happened on Tuesday morning in the Circuit Road flat.
HURT: Raqib underwent a five-hour skin graft operation on Thursday. He is warded in the Intensive Care Unit at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital.

While she was taking a shower, she heard one of her sons screaming.

When the mother, who wanted to be known only as Madam Saadiah, rushed out, she saw her son Raqib, who is nearly three years old, sitting on a burning mattress.

The fire happened at Block 51 in Circuit Road on Tuesday morning, leaving Raqib with third-degree burns on 17 per cent of his body. He is still warded in the Intensive Care Unit at KK Women's and Children's Hospital and underwent a five-hour skin graft operation on Thursday.

Madam Saadiah believes Raqib got burned when he saved his four-month-old baby brother by rolling him away from the burning mattress.

Read the full report in our print edition on May 23. Subscribe to The New Paper, now available in print and digital, at http://bit.ly/tnpeshop

Boy's burns on 'very large area'

Premium content not available

Pages