Albarakah one to beat
RACE 1 (1,600M)
(1) CAPTAIN TURNER has yet to run a bad race and should be suited to this longer trip. Having the services of S'Manga Khumalo will also help his chances.
(3) NIGHTSIDE has battled to win in 13 starts to date but has run some good races and should have a winning chance in this.
(4) SEA CLIPPER and (9) PIPETTE are in the form of their lives, so must be considered.
RACE 2 (1,400M)
Trainer Gavin Smith looks to hold a strong hand in this with his two runners - (1) SHINE LIKE A STAR and (2) FREDERICK FOX.
Shine Like A Star disappointed last time and it seems that Federick Fox has been looking for this step-up in trip. Having Richard Fourie aboard Federick Fox is a plus.
(4) SCUZAMI has done well in his first two starts and could be even better over this longer distance.
RACE 3 (1,200M)
(1) AL CAPPUCHINO proved disappointing last time but may have found the 1,000m on the short side of ideal for him. This course and distance could suit and he should fight out the finish.
(3) FEARLESS LION ran a much improved race last time and is ready to run another big race.
The Justin Snaith-trained pair of (2) TIME FORE CHANGE and (4) ROCK THE DOT are not out of it if reproducing their best form.
RACE 4 (1,200M)
(2) ALBARAKAH has done well since coming back to the Eastern Cape and is well suited to this track and trip. He will be the one to beat.
(1) MONEY FOR LOVE streaked clear of his field last time and looks the biggest threat to Albarakah.
(4) ESS EL KAY has won his last three and this does appear stronger but he could earn stake money.
(7) CAPE SISKIN was a comfortable winner last time.
RACE 5 (1,800M)
(3) AUGUSTA NATIONAL is in good form but is not ideally drawn in stall No. 9 but she has every chance of winning this.
Stable companions (9) FOR THE COUNT and (12) SEVEN SUNS have ability and should be suited to this course and distance.
(1) STARLIGHT BEAUTY is in great form but may battle to give weight away to the whole field.
(5) RUSHING ELF and (4) FULL REGALIA could earn.
RACE 6 (1,400M)
(10) LAURIE'S GOLD has been battling to win in the Western Cape but has not been disgraced. The horse is well drawn and should go close.
(9) RED BARREL is clearly better than his last run and this shorter trip appears ideal for him.
Stable companions (1) BOIS DE VAR, (3) JET BURST and (7) PRESIDENT OF POP also hold winning chances.
RACE 7 (3,200M)
Trainer Mike Stewart and jockey Bernard Fayd'herbe form a formidable partnership when they team up and (1) PADDY O' REILLY has done them proud in the past. He could add another feature race win here as this trip suits Paddy O'Reilly nicely.
(9) BORDERED IN GREY ran a good race at Clairwood less than two weeks ago so will be fit and well and has a chance.
(3) FOREST DIGGER could place.
RACE 8 (1,200M)
(4) WINTER FANTASY is better this shorter trip and can pop up and win this for the in-form Alan Greeff yard.
Trainer Justin Snaith has three runners and all three hold winning chances, so include (5) EARTH'S ORBIT, (13) DORIS DUKE and (14) INTIMATE TOUCH in the play.