Azarenka looks all set to serve up an ace over sharp sprint
RACE 1 (1,200M)
There are first-timers including expensive ones in the race and it would be folly ignoring a prized specimen in the pre-race parade. However, it is worth noting that (4) CAPTAIN BLACKWATER has decent form and if the drop in trip doesn't trouble him should go close.
Older runner (1) BLACK AGATE has decent credentials and may have come on after rest.
(6) PANGA PANGA and (13) KING OF BABYLON could show more today.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(18) SMASHVILLE got touched off when making big improvement in her third start and first over this trip. She may not be challenged hard if she finds the going better on the standside.
(5) ALIYSA'S PRIZE has the form to win races and looks a big danger.
First-timer (13) LA DI DA has a fascinating pedigree and may enjoy the better going down the inside - watch the betting. More can earn.
RACE 3 (1,000M)
(2) AZARENKA is best weighted and has the prep to score her second win. She holds most on her last race and should have every chance.
Stablemate (3) SAPPHIRE GEM was running on well in that last try and looks a big threat. Could get close and must be treated with utmost respect.
(5) PERPETUA has run in some strong races and may show the strength of that form if making the transition from 1,400m to 1,000m easily.
RACE 4 (1,000M)
Unbeaten (4) CAPTAIN ALFREDO shared the win over further last time and has been brought back in trip. He is talented but the change to the straight track as well as the distance is quite a transition.
(6) VARISTAR moved up nicely in a competitive race last and deserves more wins.
(3) WESTERN MOVIE showed his fast self last and looks a threat again.
RACE 5 (2,000M)
(6) SOLID SPEED was a convincing winner over another decent sort in Zingzilla and he could be on to feature races. He has won here, which is a plus, but takes a drop in trip from his last.
(3) FRENCH REVOLUTION is talented as well and should appreciate the longer trip after a good win following a rest. Could be a match between the two.
Many can earn cheques in this. Consider (9) ITSTARTEDWITHAKISS when planning your hits on the exotics.
RACE 6 (1400M)
(2) LIQUID MERCURY looks well placed on handicap debut after a convincing win first time round this turn. He is well drawn as well and should have every chance.
(1) TRIPTOTHESTARS ran a good second in a competitive Novice Plate and deserves big respect but hasn't drawn as well as he would has hoped. Still, on form, he will be there.
(7) O'CHEE PAN will be there earing a cheques for his connections.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
At first glance (8) CASEY'S JET looks one to follow but she hasn't drawn best. Richard Fourie, who went close on her, is riding (3) DAVYANA. The latter may not be a big fancy on her last effort but she has shown she can run in the past.
(5) HURRICANE WIND could be the biggest danger on collateral lines of form - she has the draw.
(2) BABY BE MINE was too far back last time - she must go in.
RACE 8 (1,600M)
(4) ICY WINTER AIR put in a decent effort after rest finishing only 0.6 lengths behind the winner in her first run after rest. She could add to a decent day for trainer Joey Ramsden and rider Bernard Fayd'Herbe.
(6) RICE also showed potential in Kzn and found her local debut a bit short. Expect better.
(2) EARTH'S ORBIT is running well.
(3) NONKI POO should be thereabouts at the business end of things.