Go for Elfpower in Race 2
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(1) FLYING WELSHMAN comes to Port Elizabeth with some Western Cape form. This will be his second run after a rest and he should do well.
(2) KING'S BLOG looks an obvious danger if he repeats his last effort. He stayed on nicely at long odds and may have turned a corner.
(14) DREAMY FOREST has his third start and should get into the action.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(2) ELFPOWER has run second in her last two outings and must be a runner in this. She is drawn well and should be the horse to beat.
(1) JUDD'S GIRL is having her second run after a rest and could enjoy her new surroundings.
(3) JET SWINGER flew late last start and must confirm improvement.
RACE 3 (1,200M)
(1) SHINE LIKE A STAR has been slightly disappointing but is a big runner at the weights. The drop in trip will also suit and Shine Like A Star must go in.
(7) SERENE RESPONSE may have his measure though. The son of A P Answer has loved his short time in Port Elizabeth and must be included.
RACE 4 (1,800M)
The horse to beat could be (6) INDIAN RIVER, who is loving life in Port Elizabeth. He won his last start and can follow up.
(1) BLAZE OF FIRE has his second start back and should prove competitive over this course and distance. He must be included.
(4) FOREST DIGGER has his third run after a rest and must be considered.
RACE 5 (1,800M)
This could be a two-horse race.
(1) SHAKESPEAR'S LADY was a facile winner over the course and distance last time out and will have followers. She was penalised six points for that win but must be included. The draw is a concern.
(2) BRIDE'S DOWRY has been running in stronger company and gets the draw. A big chance.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(2) THREE BLUE CRANES is having her third start after a rest and looks progressive. She ran on well last start to get the better of Legal Force in a good maiden. She is drawn well and must be respected.
(1) READY TO ROCK and (3) SPIAGGIA also have claims.
RACE 7 (1,000M)
(10) OLYMPIAN makes his way to Port Elizabeth to contest the feature and looks hard to oppose. Take nothing away from his rivals but Olympian has run against the best of his generation in the Western Cape and should have the beating of this field.
(2) VAUCLAIR and (5) YOSHIE can fill the minor placings.
RACE 8 (1,400M)
An open contest where it may be best to load up.
(10) BLAST was a good winner last start when beating a decent Novice Plate field. He gets a decent draw and must be a runner.
(3) GOGETTHESHERIFF comes back after a rest and must be included as he races well fresh.
(5) ANZAC has a chance on best Western Cape form.