GUINESS looks too speedy over 1,000m
RACE 1 (1,400M)
(12) WESTERN FORCE showed some form prior to rest and is the one to watch. Follow the betting moves closely.
(3) POWER TO PLEASE has run two good seconds in straight sprints and on pedigree should enjoy this longer trip.
(6) Q SCHOOL tries pacifiers and he could settle well enough and get close from a good draw.
(1) FUNKY MUNKY deserves respect on form. Open otherwise.
RACE 2 (1,600M)
(5) ICY WINTER AIR ran on well to finish 2-lengths behind (2) NONKI POO who did get first-run last-time. She is now 3kg better off and should take full advantage if timing her run right.
(3) MA CHOIX must have been a bit flat second-time after rest when a dismal fourth at Durbanville. She looks a big threat here. NONKI POO won well last time and with (1) LUPIN should be right there.
RACE 3 (2,500M)
(1) BIG ED's last two runs are decent and he can get it right if staying the longer trip. His sire did win the 2,450m Derby.
Youngster (6) REVVED UP deserves another chance over the marathon after he showed up nicely over 2,000m last time. He should not go backwards and does have stout Argentine blood in him.
(2) EXCLUSIVE KNIGHT and (4) DRAGONSTONE can't be faulted and must go into the novelty bets.
RACE 4 (1,200M)
(2) TRIPTIQUE rewarded followers at a decent price considering the high regard for him. He should make a good handicap debut with most needing lots of luck to grab the top cheque.
Another youngster (1) MOONLIGHT RUNNER has shown a bit of class and is speedy enough to challenge TRIPTIQUE. He has a 2.5kg claim to help his cause.
(4) BREAK MY HEART has been gelded and can pop up. Watch the betting closely.
RACE 5 (1,800M)
(6) INDEPENDENCE must have needed the gelding. He won quickly and is likely to be on the upgrade. But this is an extremely competitive race.
(4) TIGER TOPS didn't show from a wide draw last time and he should have no such problems today after having drawn Gate 2.
(2) FRIENDLY TIBBS relished being over a longer trip last time running a big race but drops a bit in trip today. Still he must go in. (5) ARACHNE has a say.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(6) ABYSSINIA was 1.75 lengths behind (3) FIRST FAVOUR last time and is now 2kg better off. Both showed good speed there and may not go backwards in a similar contest.
(5) SMILING MISTRESS met some decent youngsters recently and could run a big race if not slow away again.
(7) PROMICING POLLY is another serious threat on form.
RACE 7 (1,000M)
GREAT TO HAVE SOME STAR SORTS RUNNING DURING THE MIDWEEK. THIS WILL BE A SPECTACLE OF NOTE.
Gold Medallion champ (1) GUINESS is back after a layoff and will be hard to beat if near his best form. He may have improved.
(4) BECKEDORF is no slouch himself having run well in all features he has contested.
(2) HARRY LIME is capable and has the benefit of having run after rest.
RACE 8 (1,200M)
A BIG FIELD AND NOTHING REALLY STANDS OUT, SO PUNTERS NEED TO BE CAUTIOUS WITH THE EXOTIC BETS.
(2) SPIRIT OF HAMILTON showed form after gelding and the longer trip should suit better here.
(7) MAMBO SQUARE improved with each start and could be even better back over the straight sprint with blinkers fitted.
(1) SAINT DONAN wasn't far off behind a highly regarded sort last time. Go wide.