LIQUID MERCURY has Race 6 at his mercy
RACE 1 (1,200M)
A good start to the day where (2) IN THE KNOW should be the one to beat. She enjoyed being stepped up in trip last time out when running on nicely into second behind Beach Goddess. She has also run close up to the likes of Three Blue Cranes and Come Fly With Me which gives her a definite chance.
(10) CAPTAIN'S DOVE got worked up last start and will do better here.
RACE 2 (1,400M)
A small Conditions Plate field go to post and classy Jozi raider (2) ARCETRI PINK could be the horse they might all have to beat. The four-year-old filly is bang in form and should give a good account of herself as she preps up for Graded races early in 2015.
(3) RED FLAME could be the biggest threat and will be having her third run after a rest. She will be doing her best work late.
RACE 3 (1,000M)
(2) WINTER TRADE seems best suited to this trip and should give another good account of himself. He ran on well last start and must be respected.
(1) OVAR will be the biggest danger. The son of Var has finished in the money in all three starts and should earn a cheque again.
(8) MAYORAL DECREE was slow away on debut before staying on well to finish fifth and will improve here.
RACE 4 (1,600M)
(6) SAIL FOR GOLD has been in good form and should win sooner rather than later. He was outrun late last time out and also got close the time before.
(5) IMIBALA gets a good draw and should be in the shake-up. He will like a strong pace and should be in the fray. Watch the betting on the capable, (4) CANADIAN DOLLAR who returns from a rest and gelding.
RACE 5 (1,600M)
(5) CARMEN SILVER has been coming along the right way and looks the one to beat. She finishes off her races in strong fashion and will again be doing her best work late.
(4) SO SUSPECT likes to race up with the pace and can get away from the pack.
(6) NATURAL BLONDE tries further and is one that can improve more.
RACE 6 (1,800M)
It is not often that a horse is on a four-timer but that is exactly where (2) LIQUID MERCURY finds himself. He has been unstoppable since being rested and gelded and should be the one to beat again.
(1) TITUS has run against slightly stronger and should chase (2) LIQUID MERCURY home, but may have to settle for second spot if the grey maintains rapid recent development.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
A race where (5) TWENTYMANJONES should enjoy the step-up in trip. He has run on well in his last two starts and the extra 200m will suit. The added bonus of draw No. 1 is also in his favour.
(6) ANZAC will enjoy the drop in trip while (2) ZE KAISER is not out of it on best form. He is now off a mark which should make him competitive again.