Mark down Magma
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(3) GALAXY KING has run two good seconds in a row and should have every chance. But he has drawn the widest and, if something gets away, he will have his work cut out.
Three first-timers in the race all with decent pedigrees but (4) JET AIR, from draw one, could be the one that could have the best chance. Still the betting needs to be closely monitored.
RACE 2 (1,300M)
Nothing stands out and you can consider the first-timers, so watch the pre-race parade before making your final selection.
(2) LA ROCHELLE had things go wrong at the start on debut and could have big improvement to come.
(5) PRINCESS JANE and (3) LOVAR raced in a feature and should be prominent.
(6) REBEL'S IDOL must have a say.
RACE 3 (1,400M)
The only unraced individual (8) CIRCUIT COURT is a well-bred gelding by Jay Peg but stablemate (9) DRAGOON could be the stable elect on riding arrangements. The latter is one of a few that have been gelded and can improve.
(2) DARK AVENGER is one of them and he could turn in a better run.
(1) HARRYHOPEITHAPPENS has the form needed to win and this trip suits better.
(4) LATINO RAMBO must go in.
RACE 4 (2,000M)
(3) MAGMA has decent form and, having run well over 1,800m, should not have a problem with the longer trip. She has staying blood.
(6) SASSY SAL has an Aussie bloodline which loves the trip. She has fair form but a wide draw.
(1) ETERNAL WINTER may be well related but she is a Western Winter going distance. Still her form is decent.
(7) BLACK CHROME is proven.
RACE 5 (1,000M)
Lightly-raced and well-bred (1) BELLA SPUMANTE has secured an ideal draw on her Durbanville debut. She has shown the speed necessary to navigate in good time.
(5) PROMICING POLLY travelled well at the end of her race last time and, from a decent draw, may not lag here. She is a serious contender.
(3) COTTON CANDY was speedy earlier and needed her last few. Respect.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(1) TOUR DE VAR has run in some strong races and not done badly. He has run well round this sharp track and, from draw two, looks a big threat.
(3) STEM IN DIE BOS, the likely favourite, has improved with blinkers and has gone close over this trip before. He can score.
(7) HAPPY LION just needed it last time and could turn the tables on (4) TRIPLE BLUFF at these weights.
(8) LUXARDO can earn.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
Trainer Brett Crawford seems to have got (8) HOPEITSAPRIZE to perform well (in her league) these days and, back at the venue she scored her maiden at, could be hard to peg back.
But she will have steely competition from (4) UP IN LIGHTS, who appears to be on the upgrade. She will need to get going sooner over the shorter trip and faster track.
(1) WINTER'S EVE rates as the dark horse.
RACE 8 (1,400M)
Trainer Justin Snaith has a strong hand with (2) OREO SHAKE and (4) PARACHUTE MAN. The former loves this trip but his late finish could be his undoing at this venue. Parachute Man has a good record racing upfront here and, on riding arrangements, looks the pick.
(3) PLAYINGTHEENEMY has plenty in his favour and may love the track.