Mayweather brands Pacquiao a 'coward' and 'sore loser'
Hoping for a Pacquiao - Mayweather rematch? Prepare to be disappointed.
The undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr said in an interview that he would not be open to a re-match with Filipino Manny Pacquiao.
This comes two days after Mayweather said that he would be open to a re-match.
Earlier this week, he said he would be willing to give Pacquiao a rematch next year, telling ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith that he would delay his proposed retirement from the sport. “I will fight him in a year after his surgery,” he told Smith in a text.
However, in an interview with Showtime that will be broadcast on Saturday, Mayweather called Pacquiao a "sore loser" and a "coward".
After the match last weekend, Pacquiao, who lost a unanimous decision to Mayweather, revealed that he was recovering from a shoulder injury.
On Monday, an MRI scan in Los Angeles confirmed the Filipino had a torn rotator cuff. Pacquiao also went for a successful arthroscopic surgery on Wednesday.
Mayweather said: "I'm not going to buy into the b********... and I don't want the public to buy into the b*******."
When asked if Mayweather noticed Pacquiao being hampered by his shoulder during their 12-round bout in Las Vegas, Mayweather replied: "Absolutely not."
He added: "He was fast. His left hand was fast. His right hand was fast and he was throwing them both fast and strong. Excuses, excuses."
Mayweather said: “Did I text Stephen A. Smith and say I will fight him again? Yeah, but I change my mind,” said Mayweather. “At this particular time, no, because he’s a sore loser and he’s a coward ... If you lost, accept the loss and say, ‘Mayweather, you were the better fighter’.”