Save the best for last with Copper Parade
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (FAIRVIEW) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,000M)
Watch the betting in the opener as there could be a few first-timers who come in for support.
Of the raced runners, (2) COXSWAIN has the best form and should give another good account of himself.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(1) AGTERSKOT had excuses last time out and should get back into the action here. His debut was a good one and he must be a top runner.
(9) SHIRAZ CABERNET showed guts on debut when touched off by Mock Mambo and will have come on from that start.
(7) SANCTUARY should earn again.
RACE 3 (1,200M)
(3) AL-AMADI has found form since returning from a rest and, on exposed form, must be a contender. She is drawn in pole and must be included.
(1) INDEMNITY has run against stronger and should be given a chance.
(2) SEATTLE LASS should enjoy the drop in distance and must be considered.
RACE 4 (1,400M)
A competitive Pinnacle Stakes where a few seem to have a chance.
(1) DINESEN is weighted with a chance but is coming back from a rest.
(2) LUPIN is a course winner and must be considered.
The horse who could represent the value is (7) DOVER BEACH, who is always thereabouts.
(3) MURMERING SKY, (4) COCO and (8) BELLE COCO will have their followers.
RACE 5 (1,600M)
(1) RED BARREL and (2) ASTRO NEWS look set to fight this out. The former is aiming for a four-timer while the latter won a good race last start.
Astro News could reverse the form from December last year and will benefit from a positive ride.
Red Barrel is a course-and-distance specialist who must be included.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(3) VIVALDA runs well over the course and distance and should get into the action again. She has a chance back in a Handicap.
(8) HOUSE OF LORRAINE could be the value in the race as she comes into the contest with only 48kg on her back. She could get away if allowed to stride freely.
(5) MISS FRISKIE and (6) UNTAMED can also pop up.
RACE 7 (1,200M)
The Listed East Cape Sprint Cup has only brought a field of seven runners to the track but it is a good field that lines up.
At the weights (1) COPPER PARADE should prove hard to beat. He is a bit temperamental but has run against the best sprinters of his generation and given very good accounts of himself.