Soaring Jet can land another victory
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (GREYVILLE) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(4) VUS ET VAR met what could be a cracker racehorse on debut when a promising second after having his heels clipped. He drops in trip but is a promising son of Var and could open his account here.
(3) VARIABLE PITCH lost his debut due to a slipped saddle and knows the track and trip, so must rate a big danger.
(2) KING'S KNIGHT has a say.
(7) ROY'S MACHINE is one to watch out for.
RACE 2 (1,000M)
(3) GERMAN LADY looks the stable elect on riding arrangements but (6) WAR PATH is just as well in on ratings and now has a 2.5kg claim which should give her the edge. Both have done well on the Polytrack here but try the turf today.
(4) FLYING LOOT won a high division handicap in good style and is still on the up.
Stablemate (1) GARIBONDY is also talented.
RACE 3 (1,000M)
(1) ALL TRUE MAN has been a bit costly to follow and with a few likely improvers in the race it could be anybody's race. However, ALL TRUE MAN drops to the minimum 1,000m trip and with blinkers fitted may enjoy it to the full.
(2) DARK ABBOT showed as a juvenile over this trip and is better than his last try over further. He has blinkers and Anton Marcus up. More can improve.
RACE 4 (1,200M)
(7) ALPEONIE made a promising debut a few months back and looks well placed, especially jumping from a plum draw with Anton Marcus booked to ride her.
(3) ROY'S FOLLY made good improvement after rest and has drawn alongside ALPEONIE in pole. If she behaves at the start, she'll be there.
(11) THE ARABIAN is another that is improving. (8) BUTOOL is a well-bred debutante.
RACE 5 (1,200M)
(3) ROYALSECURITYPOWER has made great strides this season and is still on the upgrade. He beat his strongest field last time out and looks well placed to win again.
Top class (1) SHOWMETHEWAY was 3.55 lengths behind the former when taking off late and is now 3.5kg better off at the weights.
(7) PANAMA MAN beat HOWEMETHEWAY earlier but needs to find that form. He has drawn well.
RACE 6 (1,600M)
(5) PIONEER SPIRIT returns after a feature stint upcountry. Some of those runs were fair and, dropping in class, he should be hard to beat if taking to the new surface.
(6) TRANSLUNAR needed his last race and wants the longer trip. He should make them run from Gate 2.
(1) DARK LIABILITY hacked up here before rest.
(3) GO WEST MCGRAW must have a say.
RACE 7 (1,600M)
(3) SOARING JET progressed over 1,400m which looks a bit short, and is now back over the distance she won easily over.
(4) WHIMSICAL GAL is better than her last race and has drawn well again. She could give SOARING JET a hard time.
(2) GUEST EL GRANDE has met stronger in the past and may be running on best.
RACE 8 (1,600M)
(1) COLCHIS and (2) GUILTY AS CHARGED should dominate proceedings. COLCHIS tired late last and must have needed it running after rest. GUILTY AS CHARGED has run two good races at two different tracks, so rates a serious runner.
(5) EIGHT STORIES, (8) CHARLES MY BOY - both can improve.