Careful Hiker will enjoy the 2,400m trip
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (FAIRVIEW) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,200M)
(1) CHELLVAN ABBEY has run three good races and should again go well. He was unlucky last start when the jockey lost the use of his stirrup and was inconvenienced for most of the journey.
(8) WADI RAMM looked all at sea on debut before producing a late rally to get into the money. He will improve from there and looks the one to beat. Watch the betting.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(4) RAVISHING JEWEL found form again at her last start and can run well in this. She must be included in all your calculations.
(10) ELFPOWER stayed on nicely on debut and will also improve her while stable companion (14) PENTE'S DAUGHTER has solid form.
RACE 3 (1,000M)
(1) DESTINY DRIVEN has his first run in Port Elizabeth and should give a good account of himself. The horse to beat may be (5) MULAAZEM who has run well in his three starts to date and will be a factor if getting into the action earlier.
(3) ZENITH is another with a chance and should also be included.
RACE 4 (1,200M)
A competitive race where the value may lie with (4) MONEY FOR LOVE who will be doing his best work late. Jockey Veale stays with the ride and he will know his mount better now.
(5) ALBARAKAH has solid form and should also be a factor .
(2) BLACKMALKIN, (9) STORMY RIDGE and (11) CAPE SISKIN must also be considered.
RACE 5 (1,200M)
An open contest where there is value to be found.
(7) UP AND RUNNING is good on both surfaces and should be thereabouts.
(5) NO QUESTION and (6) ROCK THE DOT also have the form to fight this out.
The horses who could pop up at a nice price are (15) SUPER SEVEN (3rd run after rest) and (16) DIOCESE who is better than that last effort.
RACE 6 (2,400M)
(2) CAREFUL HIKER was disappointing last start but has a chance on his Port Elizabeth debut. He seems to stay well and must be included.
(6) RUSHING ELF is coming to hand has won over this course and distance. She must be included.
(1) STARLIGHT BEAUTY is better than her last run and should also get involved at the finish.
(3) TITLEE, (7) BORN FOR BALLET and (8) LA SALLE.
RACE 7 (1,600M)
(7) IRISH MYTH has won two in a row and should again get into the mix. She does drop in trip but that will not be a problem.
(2) SILVAN SPIRIT has her second run after a rest and is another that must be included.
(1) MURMERING SKY has a chance at the weights but needs to find best form.
Consider (8) SKYSIGN and (9) DINESEN.
RACE 8 (1,600M)
The lucky last as they say and (3) RIVER TYNE should get it right. She has been running on nicely and now goes up to a trip that should really suit. RIVER TYNE is due a win and looks hard to beat.
(2) LUCKY LEAR has her second run after a rest and can run into exacta money while (4) FOREST NYMPH and (8) DANCING DEBS can earn.