Clean Cut warrants respect
RACE 1 (1,000M)
The betting on the first-timer (10)WHAT ABOUT MARIA needs to be watched, as she is a daughter of Judpot.
Of those that have run, (2) REBEL'S GIRL has done best and looks set for another good run.
(5) CUVEE BRUT showed promise on debut but may need it further than this 1,000m.
(3) IDEAL COUNTESS ran on nicely last time in modest company and has improved since blinkers were put on.
RACE 2 (1,400M)
Again the betting needs to watched on a first-timer as the Australian import (12) SASSY SAL can win this despite her bad draw.
(1) BANDANA GIRL has finished close-up in her last two starts but will also jump from a wide gate.
(2) THREE G tried blinkers last time and did not quicken, and it is surprising that she is carded with them again today.
(5) WANING CRESCENT lacks a strong finish but can win.
RACE 3 (1,400M)
(9) ZINGARO ran a promising debut.
(7) MILTON has run two good races but it could be the turn of (1)NIGHT IN SEATTLE to win his first race.
This Mambo In Seattle colt looked a winner before being run out of it late last time.
Stable companions (2) SCORECARD and (4) BUFFALO TRIP have place chances if at their best.
(8) PEACE PACT can improve to take a minor place.
RACE 4 (1,000M)
(7) CLEAN CUT put some fair previous form behind him when running out a very easy winner in his maiden. The heavy underfoot going clearly suited him and he has to be given the utmost respect in this line-up.
(3) SIMPLY BLACK had a couple of these behind him when winning over this course and distance last time. He is in with a winning chance.
Respect (9) THE JET.
RACE 5 (1,000M)
Probably the most open race of the day.
Trainer Justin Snaith has two three-year-olds entered in (1) AMARILLO STARLIGHT and (2) CHESTNUT GIRL.
Amarillo Starlight gets a 4kg claimer aboard which suggests that she may be the right one.
(3) NIGHT OF STARS is returning from a lay off but, if fit, should be in with a chance of winning.
(6) AROMATICS was not disgraced last time, so include.
RACE 6 (1,400M)
(1) BLARNEY BAY loves the heavy underfoot conditions at this time of the year and, although this is the most weight (60.5kg) that he is shouldering, he has every chance of going from start to finish again.
(3) SHISHANGENI put up a very disappointing penultimate run behind him when just getting touched off last time. He should run well from a good draw.
(4) ACE ANTONIUS can run well if fit.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
Three-year-olds (4) CAPTAIN'S ORDERS and (7) CHARLES LYTTON could be best in this field. Charles Lytton quickened up nicely to run past Captain's Orders last time and, if he is in the same frame of mind, he could repeat that win. Captain's Orders is improving and kept going to win his latest easily but should be good enough to fight out the finish.
(3) I AM THE LAW could place if fit.