Don't look beyond Sir Duke
RACE 1 (1,900M)
The opening race looks a tricky affair, which means there will be plenty of value to be found.
The horse with some scope is (12) SEATTLE LASS, who looks to becoming along the right way. She will enjoy the extra trip and must be a lively contender.
(10) SONG OF VICTORY is a hard knocking maiden but can earn again.
(14) LA MYST and (4) FLY LIKE AN EAGLE also have claims.
RACE 2 (1,300M)
(2) GIFT OF GOLD has shown glimpses of form and today should be her day. This trip will be right up her alley and, with jockey Yeni aboard, could provide the right mix. She gets a good draw which is also another plus.
(5) FAMILY FORTUNE and (3) HOWAMI could fight it out for exacta money.
RACE 3 (1,300M)
(10) VALMINOUSHE ran a somewhat disappointing race last time out but is worth another chance. Jockey Minnie knows her well and Valminoushe must be included.
(8) ARABICA is drawn wide but will be doing her best work late.
(1) LA VEGA had a slipped saddle last start, so must come into the event with some sort of chance based on prior form.
RACE 4 (1,300M)
(7) DINESEN returns from a short rest and looks the one to beat on form. She has won her only course-and-distance effort.
(1) IKATI could be the biggest danger as she seems to be finding her feet in Port Elizabeth.
RACE 5 (2,200M)
(10) SPARKLING SAPHIR has loved her time in Port Elizabeth and should again do well. She is yet to be out of the money at this track and must be included.
(1) DRILL SARGEANT returns from a rest of 70 days and will be factor if wound up. The draw is a slight worry.
(11) NATIONAL FOREST could cause the upset if on best form.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(3) GUIDED ARROW enjoyed her first Polytrack attempt last time out when lacking extra late behind Russian Mig. She was penalised four points for that effort and looks the one to beat in this.
(1) NONA IN COMMAND is better than her last start and must be considered.
(5) INTIMATE TOUCH, (6) MISS FRISKIE, (4) HARLEM NOCTURNE, (9) PEGWELL BAY and (15) STEP IT UP are worth considering.
RACE 7 (1,200M)
An open contest where many look to have chances. The value in the race could be the Dorrie Sham-trained (9) BROTHER IN ARMS, who could get away from his field over this trip. He is drawn in pole position and should be a factor and earn another cheque for his passionate owner, John Finlayson.
(1) RUSSIAN MIG and (6) ALBARAKAH must also be included.
RACE 8 (1,600M)
(4) SIR DUKE will be having his third run in the province and has taken to the Polytrack in fine style. He jumps from a good draw and must be the one to beat. If we have to look past him, then the race becomes open.
(3) SPECK OF LIGHT, (6) CINDERFELLA and (10) KANTAKA have claims.