EMBLEM OF LIFE in good form
RACE 1 (1,000M)
The betting on the first timers needs to be watched, especially the National Emblem gelding (4) EMBLEM OF LIFE. From the Justin Snaith yard, he is in good form and looks the part.
(1) CLEAN CUT has good recent form since racing with blinkers and he should be in this for a long way.
(2) ALL FOR THE MONEY has fair form and is clearly not out of it.
RACE 2 (1,300M)
The opening leg of the Place Acummulator looks competitive.
(1) MISSING LINK is clearly better than her last run but is returning from a lengthy break so her fitness must be taken on trust.
(2) INN ACTION produced her best effort to date last time so can now be watched.
(5) COMMAND CHI looks to be an improving sort and this course and distance could suit her.
(6) BELLE JULIETTE has a chance.
RACE 3 (1,500M)
(5) COLOUR MAGIC fought back gamely and was only beaten a neck by All The Elevens last time and is well drawn so should prove hard to beat with jockey Karl Neisius aboard.
(7) JUDD'S GIRL is consistent but does battle to finish off her races. She is in form and can be tossed into the exotics.
(6) LADY GRACA and (8) CRIME OF PASSION are all capable of improving to fight out the places.
(9) POWERTIP will be up there with them at the finish.
RACE 4 (1,400M)
(1) VARSTER has been rested 94 days since easily winning her maiden race but if fit she can win this despite a wide draw.
(3) SILVANE SPRING is well drawn and must have a chance over a track and trip that should suit her.
(4) FRENCH LASS is also well drawn and was not disgraced when running on late last time.
(6) KIND LADY is better drawn this time so will not have to work so hard to lead. If left alone, she could leave the rest standing.
RACE 5 (1,400M)
A competitive fillies and mares handicap.
(1) NONKI POO has run better races in better company than this and can win but she will be giving weight away to the whole field. Still, she looks capable in this company.
(2) CHESTNUT DANCER has got good consistent form and is sure to contest the finish.
(5) CATCHPHRASE, (3) INTIMATECONNECTION and (7) PRINCESS SALME all have winning chances if repeating their best form.
RACE 6 (1,600M)
A big field handicap. It could pay to be with the mount of jockey B Fayd'Herbe, (3) BRAVE LEADER. The Neil Bruss-trained four-year-old was touched off in his latest and the blinkers have been put back on.
(1) ARACHNE is clearly better than his last start and is well drawn so should be fighting out the finish and is a must include in exotics.
Respect (2) ROBERTSON and (4) HAMLETS SPEEDO.
RACE 7 (1,300M)
This could develop into a match race at the finish between (1) KIRUMBO and (3) PRINCE OF MAGIC. KIRUMBO tired late over further and this shorter distance will suit. PRINCE OF MAGIC has been running on late behind some decent two-year-olds and deserves the utmost respect. Couple the pair for a forecast bet.
(7) WHATS NEWS tries further and could like it.
(4) LUXARDO, (5) CORNY AL and (8) KOPI LUWAK have place chances.