Endearment warrants strong support
RACE 1 (1,200M)
(2) HOWAMI is always thereabouts and will crack her maiden one day. This could be her day.
The race does look competitive with (5) ESTRELLA, (3) DUCK DODGER, (13)JOLENE and (14) JOY OF HOPE all making some appeal.
Watch the betting on the first-timers.
RACE 2 (1,600M)
(10) VENITA has shown good enough form to win a race of this nature. She gets a better draw this time and should be in the firing line.
(12) TAYLINEE has run well in her two starts on this surface and must be respected.
The draw is a slight concern for (1) GUSTY GAL who is having her first run in Port Elizabeth and the betting is best guide.
RACE 3 (1,600M)
(3)MULAAZEM should be the horse to beat. He runs on strong and gives the impression that this trip will suit.
The biggest danger could be (4) ULTRA SILVER, who has his first run in Port Elizabeth for his new stable. This will be his third run after a rest and he could prove the right one from draw No. 1.
RACE 4 (1,600M)
(12) ENDEARMENT is having her third run after a rest and should be too good for this field at the weights. This step up in trip will suit and Endearment should be the best bet on the card.
(3) SEACLIPPER and (4) DIESEL ENGINE look likely candidates for exactas.
RACE 5 (1,600M)
(6) SPECK OF LIGHT returns to the track after a 119-day rest but can run well fresh. The drop in trip is a slight concern but, with Khumalo in the irons, Speck Of Light can win again.
(3) SILENT PARTNER should also get into the action and must be included. Consider (4) TWO GUN KID and (10) CANNON and (8) ABSTRACT.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(4) ZENITH has been in good form since racing in Port Elizabeth and can follow up. He gets into the action early and can fight this out.
(7) SUDDEN SURPRISE ran well this track last start and the drop in trip may suit.
(8) FUTURE LEADER also won his maiden in good fashion last start and must be included.
RACE 7 (1,300M)
(2) ATTACHMENT ran on nicely last start when third behind Distiller. She has dropped in rating and must be a runner on weights.
(1) ALBERTS GEM and (3) DYNAMO LADY will have their supporters and should be chasing Attachment home.
(7) LADY SEYMOUR has her third run after a rest and must be respected.
(9) SAY HI can also get into the mix.