Other Suarez controversies
- July 2010: During the 2010 World Cup quarter-finals, Suarez prevents Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah from scoring in the final minute with a deliberate handball on the line and is subsequently sent off. A penalty was awarded but missed by Asamoah Gyan and footage showed Suarez celebrating on the sidelines. Uruguay eventually went through to the last four on penalties.
- November 2010: Handed a seven-match ban by the Dutch FA and fined by his club for biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal during an Eredivisie match.
- October 2011: Alleged to have racially abused Manchester United's Patrice Evra during a Premier League match. Later found guilty, banned for eight matches and fined £40,000 ($85,000).
- February 2012: United and Liverpool met again at Old Trafford, but more controversy blew up as Suarez refuses to shake Evra's hand before kick-off.
- October 2012: Celebrates a goal against Everton by diving in front of Toffees boss David Moyes, who had earlier claimed that ''divers'' such as Suarez were putting fans off the English game.
- April 2013: Bites Branislav Ivanovic on the arm. Fined by club the following day and subsequently handed a 10-match ban.