The world’s fastest dribbler is...
Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Theo Walcott are among the fastest footballers with the ball at their feet, but the question is, who tops the list?
Mexican club Pachuca were pretty convinced their player Jurgen Damm is so fleet-footed that they carried out a study which was endorsed by football governing body, Fifa.
Pachuca weren’t far off the mark in their assessment, as Damm recorded a speed of 35.23kmh and was placed second on the global list.
Pipping him to first place was Real Madrid forward Bale who clocked 36.9kmh, which was over 3kmh faster than club teammate Ronaldo.
Lionel Messi of Barcelona came in at seventh, having clocked 32.5kmh.
Four English Premier League players make up the top 10, with Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia leading the line for the English-based players. Tottenham’s Aaron Lennon, Arsenal’s Walcott and United’s Wayne Rooney complete the list.
The surprise entry came in the form of Real centre back, Sergio Ramos, who placed 10th with a speed of 30.6kmh.
Top 10 world’s fastest dribbers
1. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): 36.9 kmh
2. Jurgen Damm (Pachuca): 35.23 kmh
3. Antonio Valencia (Manchester United): 35.1 kmh
4. Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur/Everton ([on loan]): 33.8 kmh
5. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid): 33.6 kmh
6. Theo Walcott (Arsenal): 32.7 kmh
7. Lionel Messi (Barcelona): 32.5 kmh
8. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United): 31.2 kmh
9. Frank Ribery (Bayern Munich): 30.7 kmh
10. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): 30.6 kmh
Source: The Mirror