Last race could belong to DIPLOMATIC
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (DURBANVILLE) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,300M)
(3) KARKLOOF was a promising second on debut here in May but she has been rested after disappointing and now meets many well-bred first-timers in this. She has not drawn too well but races well fresh..
(5) DANCE IN THE WOODS should be up there from her draw.
(2) SEA SPRAY will probably overcome her draw early on racing style. But best watch out for the supported first-timer.
RACE 2 (1,600M)
(9) CANYOUCANCAN fared well first-time round the left turn when only two lengths behind the winner in a competitive race and should build on that.
She has a plum draw and could be the stable elect over (1) MISSING LINK who has pole. She has form too and is more mature.
(10) CAROUSEL SWING botched her start, she can improve.
(7) HELIANE has sprinted well, yet bred for this longer trip. Open.
RACE 3 (1,600M)
(7) LIGHT THE LIGHTS has a big reputation and has shown both high class form and honesty. The race looks made for him even though there are decent sorts in the race. Will be right there at this finish.
(1) DYNAMIC was second to a champion miler as a youngster and is obviously talented but he may just need it after 592 days off the track. Watch the tote and take on trust.
(8) MAN FROM MILAN, (3) BRAVE LEADER and (2) SOLID SPEED will all be out to improve. Move them around when planning your exotics.
RACE 4 (1,400M)
(9) VARLO is quickly tried over a bit of ground and after lagging in a sprint on debut may much appreciate this. He is nicely bred and has been working well..
(10) WESTERN FORCE, another top pedigreed youngster, was second on debut and he may get away as he has drawn well for his turn debut.
(6) PIKASTAR has sprinted well and been given time-off to develop. He should love the trip.
(1) IMPRESSIONIST can earn again.
RACE 5 (1,400M)
(1) IN THE CRUISE was a well-beaten favourite in his third start but was coming along the right way prior and could much prefer today's longer trip and good ground.
(6) BIANZINO has already tried the turn and enjoyed it and being a son of Dynasty is expected to improve further especially past the lower handicaps.
(2) PIGEON FLYER was convincing after gelding and can earn a cheque. Definitely one for the novelty bets.
RACE 6 (1,400M)
Probably the most open race on the day.
(2) DIPLOMATIC is way better than his last race which came after a deserved break. He should enjoy this league jumping from pole position.
(7) SET YOUR SIGHTS wasn't intended on going to the front after rest and is expected to improve on that especially over his best trip.
(1) GOLDEN CRYSTAL and (9) SIDECAR are serious runners on form. Both should be up throwing in punches at the finish.