Make EXELERO your banker
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (GREYVILLE) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,600M)
(3) BRUNO has put up two decent efforts and has pole position draw.
(6) EAST OF CORK looks certain to come on from his debut and must be respected.
(4) CHESTNUT CHIEF is a Cape raider that should improve with the step up in trip.
RACE 2 (1,600M)
(7) MOGOKITY has fair form so might go close to winning this.
(11) WONDERFUL CROSS has fair form to date and can improve over the extra.
(8) NISA'S TRIP has the blinkers removed and looks a threat this longer trip.
RACE 3 (1,400M)
(1) YURIES GOLD returns from a short break and tries this surface for the first time but his form in the book could make him the one to beat.
(2) EWAN'S DREAM made a lot of improvement to run third last time so has to be respected.
(3) ZILLID WARRIOR, (4) NATTERJACK and (8) QATAR SPRINGS are others that have to be considered.
RACE 4 (1,400M)
(1) YESAN STAR is badly drawn but his recent form is good enough to give him a winning chance here.
(2) ROY'S AMBASSADOR looks to be improving and the blinkers may have done the trick with him so he should be included in all best.
(4) SLOT IN has the benefit of pole position draw so is another with a winning chance.
RACE 5 (1,400M)
Blinkers have been added to (6) EXELERO in an effort to get the highly rated three-year-old to win his third race from 11 starts. EXCELERO does have the best form in the book for this race and he could prove a banker.
(1) LAKE ARTHUR carries top-weight so will be giving weight away to his rivals but has a place chance.
(3) TIPO TINTO has battled to finish off his recent races.
RACE 6 (1,400M)
(11) STORM SURF is rated much lower on the turf than his sand rating so it will be interesting to see how he goes here.
(4) HIGH ARROW has good recent turf form and was not far behind (5) ROY ROYALE on this surface last time.
(6) STEP TO FAME won his maiden in only his second start so clearly has ability.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
(4) MOOTAHADEE drew away for a very easy maiden win on this surface last month so clearly likes these conditions.
(1) CUNNING FOX is in the form of his life so may still be ahead of the handicapper.
(3) INDIAN CONNECTION has recently been coming home strongly but his wide draw is against him.
RACE 8 (1,000M)
(1) ALDRIC won well last time but picked up five points for that win and has yet to race on this surface.
(2) KING'S JET is a speedy sort who could like this track and trip.
(3) ROCKY BAY, (4) FIRE THE ROCKET, (8) CHARLIE TRIMBLE and (10) BURRWOOD all have fair form and must be considered.
RACE 9 (1,000M)
(1) CLEAR SAILING and (9) TRIPLE SEVEN are lightly raced fillies that can still have improvement in them so both have to be respected.
(5) KATCH and (6) ROYAL HONEYMOON both have improved recent form so can be included.
(3) NETSUKE, (7) SEXY AND FREE and (10) PIPPI are also capable of winning this if they can reproduce their best form.
RACE 10 (1,000M)
The reserve runners (12) SILFRA and (14) LAUGH are in with a winning chance if they get into the race but the Var filly (11) ONE VAR DREAM was seen to be making good late progress in her last start so could a be step ahead of this lot.
(1) BETWEEN THE SHEETS and (4) KEPT SECRET should good pace but lack a finish.
(2) SALANDER is clearly better than her last two starts so must be respected in this line-up.