Melson's due for win
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (SCOTTSVILLE) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,200M)
(4) GENERALISSIMO had decent horses all around him when looking the one to beat before running a promising second on debut. He can go close even if not that well drawn today.
(1) AL WAHED has what looks the worst of the draw but the half brother to a champion showed good speed on debut.
(16) WORSHIP DANCER and (10) PATAUDI must surely improve. First timers in this.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(2) AQUILA JET had (11) LILY GRAY behind her when they met at Greyville and is the form choice. She has the best of the draw too and if the first-timers aren't up to it she can get it right.
(14) SODA FOUNTAIN is well related and could be the one that attracts betting support.
(6) FLYING LUXMI is better than her last few runs and looks the stable elect in a four-way coupling.
RACE 3 (1,600M)
(7) MELSON was gelded before running a cracker on the Poly surface last time. He has met some high-class sorts and can score an overdue maiden win.
(6) MACKDESI has a big say as well. He has been getting beaten by older rivals only just, due to inexperience and could be ready in his third outing.
(1) ENTREE, (3) HEPTAGON and (5) ICE COOL are well bred and can show.
(10) TRANSLUNAR can do better.
RACE 4 (1,600M)
(8) SEA FAN caught the eye on her debut in a sprint. She should relish ground on pedigree and if taking to this course can open her account.
(2) CLASSE MONDIALE is ready to win though and can do so if SEA FAN takes time to get into it. She was second best behind one that has won again since.
(7) PEARL OYSTER BAY showed promise in a sprint last.
(13) UPSTREAM wants this trip on pedigree.
RACE 5 (1,950M)
(8) INFORMATION HIWAY won better than the margin suggested last time and could make a promising handicap debut. But being an MR80 handicap it doesn't look the easiest entrance exam.
(2) VINO VERITAS was second to a decent sort in her penultimate race and if relaxing over the longer trip can make a race of it.
(3) AMBER ORCHID and (9) DESROCHES renew rivalry. The former can get away.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(4) KAPITAN was impressive in his third start. Apparently he has behaviour issues so is no confident selection.
(3) LIBERTINE is capable and looks well placed here especially from a decent draw. He could offer value.
(8) ROYAL ROY put in a fair effort in between two no shows on the Poly track. He can score an overdue second win.
RACE 7 (1,600M)
(4) IN TRIBUTE had excuses at Clairwood last time and his previous form was very good so he rates a big chance in this. But these small fields are usually full of surprises.
(3) ZESTFUL found his last race short and is back on the turf. He could catch (7) FRIAR TUCK at the right time for his fourth win.
(1) GITIANO has the class and had excuses last time. He can assert.
RACE 8 (1,600M)
A competitive race to end.
(10) BURWAAZ ran two good races in a row and may not have been fully accustomed to the sharp Greyville track last time.
(7) WARCRAFT looks the biggest improver after an easy local debut win here but he has drawn wide.
(2) BUCK SHOT is another that could be anything with maturity. He won in style after a fast pace was set.
(4) TRENDY GUY is useful - must go in.