Political Playboy to see out the trip
SOUTH AFRICA RACES TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (FAIRVIEW) RACE CARD
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(6) HAMMIE'S WILDCATE is only modest but she may be good enough to win this.
The two first timers (11) JUDGE JUDY and (12) MORNING NEWS can be watched for betting support as they come from yards that have debut winners. Both are in good condition.
(1) GREY BERET and (2) BILLY RED have place chances.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(1) ROSEY PEG just needed her last run and could prefer this drop in trip.
(2) RAVISHINGJEWEL is better than her last run.
(4) DIAMOND TIGER battles to finish off her races but has a chance.
(8) I'M A ROCK STAR, (7) TRUE GIFT and (9) FOREST NYMPH have all disappointed in the past but are not out of it.
(16) KEYNOTE has winning chance.
RACE 3 (2,400M)
This race could be fought out between runners one to five. Good one for exotic players.
(1) POWER WIND lacked a strong finish last time but is improving and should run a good race.
(2) LORD TRAFALGAR looked much improved when runner-up last time but (3) ENEMY AT THE GATE might just be the upset material. This gelding could be looking for the extra trip that he is trying.
Consider also (4) THE GRAND and (5)DARK REIGN.
RACE 4 (2,700M)
(2) FOREST DIGGER and (3) CROWN OF GOLD fought out a good finish last time and there really ought to be nothing between the two of them once again, but there are others that are capable of winning this. So it might pay to watch the betting closely.
(8) PINOTAGE PETE had no luck in running on the Polytrack last time and this type of trip suits and jockey Muzi Yeni will give him every chance.
(6) DRUMINOOR and (1) DRILL SARGEANT can be respected.
RACE 5 (1,900M)
A competitive line-up but it could be fought out by two outstanding runners in (6) POLITICAL PLAYBOY and (9) SUETAN.
POLITICAL PLAYBOY was not disgraced in his latest and the step up in trip is not a problem.
SUETAN has done very well since racing in the Eastern Cape and deserves the utmost respect.
(3) WAY CLEAR will enjoy this longer trip and needs to be considered.
RACE 6 (2,000M)
A difficult looking contest. Could pay to watch for sudden changes in the betting.
(3) KING OF INDIANS gets the services of jockey Gavin Lerena but there are stamina doubts. Trainer Justin Snaith has two runners carded and either of them could win. It is interesting that Richard Fourieis on (2) BLACK PEGASUS.
(4) CINDERELLA has much improved recent form and could be suited to the longer trip.
(5) KIRKBY NINJA is another that ran an improved race.
RACE 7 (2,000M)
(2) SHINGWEDZI looked full of running when winning her latest and the extra 200m she tries should be in her favour. She should prove hard to oppose. Have her in all your combinations.
(1) SHE'S A PIPPA tried hard and was only run out of it late last time by SHINGWEDZI, so must be respected.
(3) SKYSIGN is in good form and has to be respected in this line-up.
(4) ADO ANNIE and (7) BRIDE'S DOWRY may not win it but have place chances.
RACE 8 (1,000M)
Another competitive contest to end the night.
(8) ICEFIRE ran on strongly in his latest and, if repeating that run, he has to be respected. On form he should win this.
(7) RANSOM OF CHOICE is in good form and should again run well.
(4) TETELESTAI is battling to win but is holding his form well.
(1) NOVEMBER RAIN is the class horse but may need this run.
(11) YOSHIE and (12) ALBARAKAH are up in class but could earn stake money.