Pente's Daughter hard to beat
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(3) HOLLYWOOD SUNSET looked a bit unlucky not to win her latest, as she moved up but couldn't get past a game Priceless Sail. Jockey Richard Fourie will know more about her this time and the 1,000m suits her better.
Jockey Piere Strydom makes his way to Fairview with a lot of winning chances and his ride, (1) CIAO CARO, is clearly the main danger to Hollywood Sunset.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
The Justin Snaith yard continues to stream home the winners at this centre and their filly in this race (12) PENTE'S DAUGHTER is going to prove hard to beat.
(6) JOLENE was just ahead of Pente's Daughter when runner-up on debut but is possibly bred for further.
(13) PRINCESS RENEGATE is clearly a lot better than her last run and the extra 200m will suit. She will go close.
RACE 3 (1,200M)
A very open contest.
(8) FOREST NYMPH gets the services of Strydom and could be the right one. This Fort Wood filly has been running on late on the Polytrack recently.
(17) MAKEOVER made a promising debut over this course and distance and, if she makes any further improvement, she could go close.
(1) HAKAHANA, (2) LATINO LADY, (3) ROYAL KATE and (4) ELYSIAN VALLEY all have place chances.
RACE 4 (1,800M)
The weights slightly favour (1) BLAZE OF FIRE and this Victory Moon colt did finish third to Jackson over this trip last year, so clearly gets the trip.
(3) POLITICAL PLAYBOY ran on well over this course and distance last time and is sure to run another good race. He deserves the utmost respect.
Stable companions (5) SWEDISH KING and (2) INDIAN HAWK are two others to consider.
RACE 5 (2,400M)
A terribly open contest and it may pay to be with jockey Piere Strydom in this on (4) SACRED CALL. This Spectrum filly is a lot better than her recent form suggests and the addition of blinkers might just do the trick.
Anyone of a number of horses could improve on their recent form, so you may want to include (1) ITS EXCITING, (3 )ENTRANCER, (5) WHITE FLIGHT and (12) LADY BIZHUB.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
Another very open contest.
(1) TETELESTAI is well weighted and is at his best over this trip, so must be respected.
(2) BLACKMALKIN and (9) FOREST FIGHTER have good recent form and come from a bang-in-form yard.
(3) INSEARCHOFTHESUN, (6) ICEFIRE and (7) SWIFT WONDER hold winning chances, too.
RACE 7 (1,000M)
The three who hold the likely outcome of the feature race of the day look to be (1) LIELUMS, (2) YOSHIE and (4) VARIETY STAR. Yoshie could now be back to her very best and gets the narrow vote but she is 3kg better off for a 5-length drubbing she received from Lielums on March 28.
RACE 8 (1,000M)
(7) THATCATCANRUN was supported in the betting when fourth on debut. That was only last week, but his breeding does suggest that he will be better over further than this minimum trip.
(11) FIXTURE showed good pace on debut and gets the services of Richard Fourie, so has to be respected but it is the hitherto disappointing (1) AL CAPPUCHINO that gets a confident vote to win this.