Variety Romp well placed again
South Africa (Greyville) preview
RACE 1 (2,000M)
(6) MYSTICAL SWORD will take on the role of favourite to a point as she has not done badly recently. She will need to find a bit more for the win though.
(7) HOTTEST TREND finished ahead of Mystical Sword when making big improvement but has not drawn well this time. Still, she can only get better.
(12) ROY'S PONY overraced last start and is trying a longer trip. He's a horse with improvement to come.
RACE 2 (2,000M)
(12) NIGHT CIRCUS caught the eye on track debut over a shorter distance. He also showed on debut in the West Cape and, now gelded, could go places.
(8) QUEEN'S BRIDGE ran on well last time, relishing the trip, and is set to fight to the wire.
He should hold off (9) BOLD REIGN, who ran a decent race to finish just behind Queen's Bridge. The three youngsters could dominate the prizes.
RACE 3 (1,600M)
(11) VARIETY ROMP was a gutsy winner in his second try after a rest. He can build on that and is well placed again.
(10) THE MONEY MAN finally flashed home to finish a threatening second and could go one better if overcoming a wide draw again.
(1) ICE RIDGE showed good resolve to win his maiden and may enjoy his handicap debut.
(4) ARCTIC TEON won well and has drawn better. Must go in.
RACE 4 (3,000M)
(2) NEWTONS SPARK was impressive last time and on the turf at Greyville could also show them a clean pair of heels. He races after rest though.
(3) OLYMPIC POWER drew away last time and looks well placed for a big run again. He should stay.
(9) TAEGAN'S JET has won over this trip and could be the value proposition.
RACE 5 (1,000M)
Most could get in the fray and it also depends if some can bring Poly form to the turf.
(6) BENGAL BOY has run well here as well as on the Scottsville turf track. From draw 2, he should show up well.
(10) MR MCSTEAMY was backed in a high class race last and, if taking to the turf here, could get away.
(4) ARAMOUSE doesn't mind any surface as he is consistent.
(1) SWAKOPMUND is fast.
RACE 6 (1,200M)
(6) WE'RE WATCHING YOU came on nicely in her second start and could be a decent sort in the making. She enjoyed the turn here last.
(4) LUNAR RUSH ran a cracker here last start, finishing ahead of (1) SCHOOL RUN, (2) RED MOON AT NIGHT and just needed it then.
(8) VARSONIC won as she liked on debut on the Poly. She is well bred.
RACE 7 (1,400M)
(5) BLING SWING was not disgraced in a feature last time and should have a big say if the first-timers aren't strong today. He has the best of the draw.
Stablemate (2) CUPKING has run fair races in the past and won't be far off from a decent draw.
(13) SPY FICTION improved in his second start but has drawn wide, so has work to do.