Tuvano should take Race 3
RACE 1 (1,000M)
Watch the betting on the Alan Greeff-trained filly (11) HOLLY'S WORLD.
Of those that have run, (6) JOLENE looks most likely to score. This Right Approach filly disappointed last time against winners but, back in this, she could prove hard to beat over this shorter trip.
(13) LEVONCA was not too far behind when they met but may just need this run. Watch for betting support on her.
RACE 2 (1,400M)
(1) CHELLVAN ABBEY and (9) SUPERSONIC ROCK finished only a neck of each other when they met. Supersonic Rock raced greenly on that day, so is capable of making the better improvement of the two.
RACE 3 (1,800M)
(1) TUVANO was also unlucky three starts back and was caught too far out of his ground in his penultimate run. This course and distance should suit Tuvano. He should win despite the wide draw.
(10) ESTRELLA and (6) LIQUIFICATION have place chances.
RACE 4 (1,000M)
Jockey Francois Herholdt has had an exceptional month of July and he could start August off in a positive way with a win aboard (1) FOREST FIGHTER. The Justin Snaith yard continues to have a stream of Eastern Cape winners and the drop back to handicap class could do the trick for Forest Fighter.
(4) VIRTUAL EMBLEM has improved and is suited to this trip.
RACE 5 (1,000M)
(4) GUIDED ARROW is distance-suited and she should be in the firing line for a long way in this.
(3) VIVALDA has ability and, if at her best, she could win this.
Trainer Snaith has two runners and both (7) INTIMATE TOUCH and (16) POUNCE could win this.
(14) HOLLYWOOD SUNSET and (1) NONA IN COMMAND are to others to consider.
RACE 6 (2,700M)
Although (3) DESERT SWIRL is not best weighted by the conditions of this race, he could prove best. Desert Swirl won the Derby in his last trip on this track and, although these may be better than what he met that day, he is a young promising stayer.
(1) DRILL SARGEANT, (2) FOREST DIGGER, (5) COMBATTIMENTO and (9) CURRENT EVENT are respected.
RACE 7 (1,800M)
(1) BLAZE OF FIRE was not disgraced in Grade 1 company last week and, if that trip did not take too much out of him, he could win this.
(2) INDIAN HAWK bounced back to form with a win on the Polytrack and is just as good on the turf, so must be respected from a good draw.
(3) POLITICAL PLAYBOY is in good form and is another must be included in all bets.
RACE 8 (1,400M)
A large field and as many runners as the bank allows could be considered for the exotics.
(1) RASHAAD could pop up at long odds over a distance that suits.
(2) ALPHA MALE improved with the blinkers to win his maiden.
(4) GOLD PARK comes from an in-form yard and must be respected.
(7) ASTRONOMO, (9) CONISTON, (10) GYPSY LANE, (11) PEMBA and (12) ASGARD all have chances of winning this.