$1.25 million for The Big Bang Theory stars, highest salary since Friends
Nerds clearly rule.
The stars of The Big Bang Theory Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco will be earning as much as US$1 million (S$1.25 million) per episode for the next three years.
This marks the first time since Friends, where three actors on a TV show were paid more than a million each per episode. That beloved comedy series ended its run in 2004.
Take note there are 24 episodes a season.
Yes that's $24 million per season! Ka-ching!
The amount excludes a share of overall profits from the show, which is the highest rated comedy in America.
That is a huge paycheck. Remember, these actors were previously earning about $350,000 an episode.
To prove that geeks really are the kings, let's look at what other actors are making per episode on their TV shows:
1. Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men): $750,000
2. Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men): $600,000
3. Mark Harmon (NCIS): $525,000
4. Mariska Hargitay (Law and Order: SVU): $500,000
5. Sandra Oh, Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy): $350,000
Sources: Time, Deadline